Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Lake Loon Studio

The doors are always open and you are always invited to come in to The Lake Loon Studio and sit a spell . Come watch as I create my new works or grab a chunk of clay yourself and see what comes out of it. I bet you will be surprised.
It is a great day today to work out in the studio and work in the yard a little. I have done both today. Skipping all housework. After being stuck in the house for days while it has rained it was great to get out and enjoy the outdoors today. I walked around the studio and the yard and inspected all the new seedlings and bulbs that have emerged . Now the sun will warm up the ground and soon I will have flowers and vines and veggies growing all over the place . I can't wait.
I have a kiln full of fired pieces cooling and later today I will be able to take them out and inspect them. I love the opening of the kiln. It is like Christmas every time I open it and look inside. You never know what you will get. And even if I do know I still can't wait! I will glaze tonight with red and fire another kiln full of reds tomorrow.
Last night as I worked late into the night (actually into the morning) I was visited by 3 beautiful Luna Moths. You have to stay up late to see these beauties. And of course I am always up late. I had 2 in the studio with me and one in the kiln building. There were no signs of them this morning. Maybe they will visit me again tonight as I glaze. I hope so !

No comments:

Post a Comment