Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bonnie and Pooh


This is my latest sculpture . It was a gift to my very dear friend Bonnie Bardos who is also an artist. (You can visit her blogspot by clicking onto her bohemian artist blogshot to the right of my page) In her arms is her sweet and wonderful Pooh .
Yesterday I met my friends Sherry Dinkins and Pat Hildebran in Saluda NC . It is a beautiful little monutain town just off I-26. We had lunch at the Purple Onion which is always , to me the greatest place up there to eat whether it is lunch or dinner it is hard to beat the Purple Onion. They have desserts that are just too hard to resist. I suggest one of their wondeful salads with the roasted freerange chicken added. Then you dont feel so guilty for having one of their dessert creations. YUM ! I always choose there flourless chocolate decadence (might be spelled wrong) with raspberry sauce. The atmosphere is always great . On the walls you will find local artists work hanging that are available for purchase. See if you can spot a pieece or two by artist Bonnie Bardos. I bet you can!
After we ate we visited The Brass Latch and The Garden Cottage down by the bakery in Nostalgia Courtyard. I love that place too. It has a beautiful little courtyard full of garden accessories and beautiful pots of flowers and the shops are brimming over with special little "gotta have's" everywhere.
After shopping the shops and splurging on ourselves we went and visited with Bonnie and Pooh at their beautiful studio house. Visiting Bonnie's place is always a special treat. Art in every room. Our friend Linda Kay dropped in while we were there and so the 5 of us beautiful Diva's sat out on Bonnie's garden deck and had a wonderful visit. I LOVE my FRIENDS !
My friend Sherry gave me a $50 gift certificate for High Water Clays in Asheville so real soon I will be going on an Asheville trip. I can buy about 150 pounds of clay for $50! Just in time to begin my work for my upcoming August Show.
Life Is Good ! .............. For more photos of our day in Saluda and the "Bonnie and Pooh" picture go to The world of Pity Pat blogspot to the right.

1 comment:

  1. The piece that you see above has got to be the most cool and amazing present anyone has ever made for me!!! Only Linda would come up with this: and she made me look really GOOD!!! Of course, Pooh looks good anyway. I've put it in my foyer where everyone can see it. Karma, art, and love make this world a better place--thank goodness for all us artists out there! THANK YOU LINDA for your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete