Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wildflowers

Today Lily and I went to Latimer Boat dock . What a beautiful afternoon it was. We saw an Eagle and lots of wildflowers . Tony and I used to go wildflower picking together. We would stop along side of the roads or woods or wherever we saw wildflowers growing and pick bouquets and bring them home and put them in vases to brighten up the house. Sometimes he would come home with a little bouquet of wildflowers for me. Always when we went camping together he would bring me back little bouquets from his hikes .Lily and me went for a very long walk along the lake shore. There were lots of folks out still having a great time together in their boats. Taking an advantage of the last afternoon's light . It is hard to believe that 5 weeks ago when Tony and I went there together it would be our last time there together. I can not believe it has been 5 weeks. How ones life can change so quickly is dumbfounding. On the way home Lily and I stopped down the road and picked tiny little blueberries. It was another of Tony;s favorite things to do. If he was here we would have those fresh wild blueberries in pancakes for breakfast tomorrow morning. Wild blueberry pancakes won't be the same without Tony eagerly awaiting them for breakfast with his coffee. I am glad I knew and loved Tony Seagroves in my life. He was a man worth knowing and loving. I was so lucky. I am glad I knew that while he was still here for me to tell him how lucky I was. Always make sure you take the time to tell the one you hold so dearly how much they mean to you. You never know when they will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment